martes, 18 de noviembre de 2008

DAY OF THE DEAD


Hi, boys and girls.


As you know on november 2nd most of the people in mexico celebrate the Day of the Dead.
I say most of the people because many of them have forgotten the celebration and they have changed the Mexican tradition for the American celebration.
Today, I want to share something about myself.
Well, Icome from a small town. So, I have differents customs than a person from the city.
I will tell you some about my custom. In my town, in this huge celebration people go to the grave yard to visit their dead and pray for them. They share with them all the things their dead liked when they were live, spetialy food such as bread mole tanales chocolate and fruit of all kinds.
People built in their house and the graveyard an arch with spetial flowers called "sempuasuchitl" and leaves.The arch represent the gate to the sky. I know that many people from the citty do not believe but I grew up believing in this custome, so I believe it.
Well in this year I could not go to my town because I had lots of homework and also I have to work on weekends, but after all, i am so happy because my father came to Tampico on Sunday and bruoght me many things from my town. He came only for one day but we went to the beach ant we took a lot of photos. On Monday morning he returned back home because he has to work but I was so happy spending time with him.

Ok that´s all for now, bye

No hay comentarios: