martes, 18 de noviembre de 2008

DAY OF THE DEAD

Day of the dead

Hi, boys.


As you know on November 2nd the majority of the people in Mexico celebrate the Day of the dead.
I say the majority of the people because many of them have forgotten the celebration and they
have changed the custom for the Halloween.
Today I want to share one thing about me out of the city.
Well, I come from a small town, so I have a different custom than
a person of the city.
I will tell you some thing about my custom, In my town. In this great celebration people go to the graveyard to visit their dead and pray for them, share whit them all the things that their dead liked in live, especially food such as bread mole tamales chocolate and fruits of any kinds.
People in their hoses and the graveyard make an arch whit an especial flower called sempuasochitl and palma.
The arch represents the gate of the sky. I know that many people of the city this is only a legend but I grew up in this custom, so I believe it.
Well, this year I could go to my town because of I have o lot of homework and I have to work on weekends, but after all I am so happy because my father come to Tampico on Sunday and brought me many things from my town.
He comes only for one day but we could go to the beach and took
a lot of photos.
Monday’s morning he returns at home because he has to work but I am so happy.

Ok that’s all for now. Bye.

No hay comentarios: